Supervising banks in times of war, high inflation and interest rate hikes
What will our banking supervisors focus on in the next three years? Are Europe’s banks fit to withstand the economic challenges?
Our host Katie Ranger puts these questions to Supervisory Board Member Kerstin af Jochnick and supervisor Mario Quagliariello on The ECB Podcast.
The views expressed are those of the speakers and not necessarily of the European Central Bank.
Published on 12 December 2022 and recorded on 2 December 2022.
The new challenges facing banks
What challenges does the current economic and geopolitical environment pose for banks.
Credit risk and how banks manage it
What an increase in credit risks means for banks, and what tools supervisors use to check if banks are able to manage these risks.
Adapting to today’s increasingly digital world
What challenges and risks banks face when becoming more digital-based, and how they can manage these.
Banks’ progress on climate-related risks
What banks have done so far to incorporate climate-related and environmental risks into their operations, and the areas on which our supervisors will be focusing.
- Our guest’s hot tip
- ECB Banking Supervision – Supervisory priorities for 2023-2025, 12 December 2022
- The Supervision Blog by Kerstin af Jochnick and Mario Quagliariello: Charting the course: our supervisory priorities, 12 December 2022
- The ECB Podcast: Greening the financial system: milestones in our climate change journey, 9 July 2022
- The ECB Podcast: How healthy are Europe’s banks two years into the pandemic?, 12 February 2022
- European Banking Supervision