- PRESS RELEASE
ECB publishes Consolidated Banking Data for end-June 2018
14 November 2018
- Total assets of credit institutions headquartered in the EU remained stable year on year and amounted to €33.2 trillion.
- The non-performing loans ratio dropped year on year by 1.1 percentage points to 3.6%.
Chart 1Total assets of credit institutions headquartered in the euro area and EU.
Chart 2Non-performing Loans ratio of credit institutions headquartered in the euro area and EU.
The European Central Bank (ECB) has published the Consolidated Banking Data (CBD) with reference to end-June 2018, a data set of the European Union (EU) banking system compiled on a group consolidated basis.
The quarterly CBD cover relevant information required for the analysis of the EU banking sector, comprising a subset of the information that is available in the end-year dataset. The end-June 2018 data refer to 381 banking groups and 2,824 stand-alone credit institutions operating in the EU (including foreign subsidiaries and branches), covering nearly 100% of the EU banking sector balance sheet. This dataset includes an extensive range of indicators on profitability and efficiency, balance sheets, liquidity and funding, asset quality, asset encumbrance, capital adequacy and solvency. Aggregates and indicators are published for the full sample of the banking industry.
Large reporters apply International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and the Implementing Technical Standards (ITS) on supervisory reporting of the European Banking Authority (EBA), while some smaller reporters may apply national accounting standards. Accordingly, aggregates and indicators also cover data based on national accounting standards, depending on the availability of the underlying items.
A few revisions to past data are disclosed together with end-June 2018 data.
For media queries, please contact Stefan Ruhkamp, tel.: +49 69 1344 5057.
- The Consolidated Banking Data are available in the ECB Statistical Data Warehouse.
- More information about the methodology behind the data compilation is available on the ECB's website.
- Defined as the ratio of non-performing loans to total loans.
Eiropas Centrālā banka
- Sonnemannstrasse 20
- 60314 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- +49 69 1344 7455
Pārpublicējot obligāta avota norāde.Kontaktinformācija plašsaziņas līdzekļu pārstāvjiem