Cultural days of the European Central Bank 2007: Greece
Greece is the country featured on the occasion of the 5th anniversary of the Cultural Days of the European Central Bank (ECB), opened today and held until 13 November 2007 and organised in co-operation with the Bank of Greece under the patronage of Mr Jean-Claude Trichet, President of the European Central Bank, and Nicholas C. Garganas Governor of the Bank of Greece.
The programme brings a synthesis of Greece’s antique and contemporary culture to the City of Frankfurt, and includes concerts, dance performances, theatre, films, readings, photography exhibition and special events aimed at children.
Some highlights from the programme include:
- Grand opening concert “Axion Esti”, oratorio by Mikis Theodorakis, Orchestra of Contemporary Music of the Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation and Choir, narrated by Christian Nickel.
- Musical theatre by Stamatis Kraounakis and the musical theatre group Speira Speira with Kostas Makedonas
- Ancient Greek drama “Prometheus Bound” performed by the National Theatre of Greece
- Closing concert performed by the Orchestra of Colours and Maria Farantouri
The aim of the CULTURAL DAYS of the ECB is to give the residents of Frankfurt, the Rhine-Main region and international guests the opportunity to acquaint themselves with the cultural traditions of countries of the European Union, reflecting the cultural diversity at the European Central Bank.
More information about the events can be obtained by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Cultural Days hotline on +49 69 1344 5555 (Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
The complete programme is available on the ECB’s website at www.ecb.europa.eu/culturaldays.
Europese Centrale Bank
- Sonnemannstrasse 20
- 60314 Frankfurt am Main, Duitsland
- +49 69 1344 7455
Reproductie is alleen toegestaan met bronvermelding.Contactpersonen voor de media