ECB publishes Consolidated Banking Data for end March 2017
- The number of credit institutions headquartered in the EU slightly decreased from 3,167 in December 2016 to 3,154 in March 2017.
- Total assets of these credit institutions increased by 1.7%, from €33.41 trillion in 2016Q4 to €33.98 trillion in 2017Q1.
The European Central Bank (ECB) has published the Consolidated Banking Data (CBD) with reference to end-March 2017, a data set of the European Union (EU) banking system on a group consolidated basis.
The quarterly CBD cover relevant information required for the analysis of the EU banking sector, a subset of the information available in the end-year dataset. The end-March 2017 data refer to 345 banking groups and 3,090 stand-alone credit institutions operating in the EU (including foreign subsidiaries and branches), covering nearly 100% of the EU banking sector balance sheet. This dataset includes an extensive range of indicators on profitability and efficiency, balance sheets, liquidity and funding, asset quality, asset encumbrance, capital adequacy and solvency. Aggregates and indicators are published for the full sample of the banking industry.
Large reporters apply International Financial Reporting Standards and the European Banking Authority (EBA) Implementing Technical Standards (ITS) on supervisory reporting, while smaller reporters may also apply national accounting standards. Accordingly, aggregates and indicators cover also data based on national accounting standards, depending on the availability of the underlying items.
Together with end-March 2017 data a few revisions to past data are disclosed.
For media queries, please contact Stefan Ruhkamp, tel.: +49 69 1344 5057.
- The Consolidated Banking Data are available in the ECB Statistical Data Warehouse.
- More information about the methodology behind the data compilation is available on the ECB’s website.
Europos Centrinis Bankas
Komunikacijos generalinis direktoratas
- Sonnemannstrasse 20
- 60314 Frankfurtas prie Maino, Vokietija
- +49 69 1344 7455
Leidžiama perspausdinti, jei nurodomas šaltinis.Kontaktai žiniasklaidai