- Governing Council has appointed all five members of the Administrative Board of Review
- Banks can ask this independent body to review the ECB’s supervisory decisions
The Governing Council of the European Central Bank (ECB) has today appointed five members and two alternates to the Administrative Board of Review. At the request of a directly affected person or legal entity, the Administrative Board will carry out an administrative review of the ECB’s decisions regarding banking supervision. It will review whether such decisions conform with the ECB’s supervisory tasks and procedures as set out in the SSM Regulation.
The appointed members are:
- Mr F. Javier Arístegui Yáñez, former Deputy Governor of the Banco de España
- Ms Concetta Brescia Morra, Professor of Law
- Mr André Camilleri, former Director General of the Malta Financial Services Authority
- Mr Edgar Meister, former Member of the Executive Board of the Deutsche Bundesbank, Attorney at Law
- Mr Jean-Paul Redouin, former First Deputy Governor of the Banque de France and Chair of the Commission Bancaire
Mr Kaarlo Jännäri, former Director General of the Rahoitustarkastus/Finansinspektionen (Finnish Financial Supervision), and Mr René Smits, Professor of Law and former General Counsel of De Nederlandsche Bank, were appointed as alternates and will temporarily replace members in case of need.
The members will act independently and in the public interest and will not be subject to instructions by the ECB. Members and alternates are appointed for five-year terms, renewable once.
For media enquiries, please call Ronan Sheridan on tel.: +49 69 1344 7416.