- Call for papers
- Submission deadline: 1 July 2021
Inflation: Drivers and Dynamics 2021 conference
European Central Bank and Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, Thursday, 7 and Friday, 8 October 2021
The ECB and the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland’s Center for Inflation Research will organise the Inflation: Drivers and Dynamics 2021 conference, to be held virtually on 7-8 October 2021. The conference will bring together top researchers from academia, central banks and other policy institutions to present research findings related to inflation.
Emi Nakamura (University of California-Berkeley) and Olivier Coibion (University of Texas-Austin) will be keynote speakers. Philip R. Lane and Isabel Schnabel, members of the ECB’s Executive Board, and Loretta J. Mester, president and chief executive officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, will provide remarks.
Some of the topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- monetary and fiscal policy and inflation dynamics; optimal inflation
- drivers of inflation expectations and their relationship with observed inflation
- impact of economic slack, input costs (including wages, intermediate inputs, commodity prices and international components of costs), network effects and the COVID-19 pandemic on inflation dynamics
- micro-level price dynamics and implications for aggregate inflation
- inflation measurement
- structural determinants of inflation dynamics and trend inflation (including digitalisation, globalisation and demographic change)
Authors interested in presenting research related to inflation at this conference should submit their paper through Conference Maker. The deadline for submissions is 1 July 2021. Authors of accepted papers will be notified by 30 July 2021. All papers presented at the conference will be posted on the ECB’s website and the website of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Peter Karadi, ECB
- Ed Knotek, FRB Cleveland
- Michele Lenza, ECB
- Christiane Nickel, ECB
- Chiara Osbat, ECB
- Mathieu Pedemonte, FRB Cleveland
- Robert Rich, FRB Cleveland
- Raphael Schoenle, FRB Cleveland