Note for visitors
- Familiarise yourself with our house rules EN, DE prior to your visit. Check out this visual overview of the most important rules.
- Bring valid proof of identity and have it ready when entering the site. Please note that only national ID cards or passports are accepted; driving licences, student or corporate IDs and residence permits are not sufficient to be granted access to the ECB premises.
- Leave sufficient time for the mandatory security check every visitor has to undergo. You may have to wait longer at peak times, such as in the morning, when there are high visitor numbers.
- Note that weapons, other dangerous items and harmful substances are not permitted on ECB premises.
- Do not bring excessive luggage in order to avoid delays in the screening process.
- Note that ECB staff members cannot accept any gifts as per the ECB’s Ethics Framework, therefore please refrain from bringing any presents on the occasion of your visit.
- Ensure that no personal belongings or luggage are left unattended. Lockers are available for temporary storage of your luggage during visits.
- Follow all instructions from security staff.
What do you need to do when passing through ECB security?
We strongly recommend that visitors use public transport where possible, as there is limited parking in the vicinity. For large groups, some parking spaces for buses and coaches are available next to the main entrance. If you would like to reserve one of these parking spaces, please specify this when booking your visit. However, please note that we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet your request. Also, it is not possible to park your car in the ECB’s car park.
Emergencies and evacuation
- In the event of an emergency, please dial 111 from any ECB phone or contact any member of ECB Security.
- Whenever you hear a public announcement, listen carefully and follow the instructions of security staff.
- If instructed to do so, evacuate the building. Do not panic , do not run and do not go back.
- Follow the signs to the escape routes (green illuminated diagrams), visible at ceiling level in all corridors.
- Do not use the elevators.
- Proceed to the designated assembly point. Do not re-enter the building unless invited to do so.
For details on the use of CCTV at the ECB premises, please refer to our video surveillance policy.