Women in Economics Scholarship
Applications for the 2021-22 academic year are now closed.
We are offering five female economics students grants of €10,000 each.
Are you a woman currently enrolled, or about to enrol, in a Master’s course in economics at a university or business school in Europe? If so, our Women in Economics Scholarship could be for you!
The funding is intended to help finance your studies. Successful candidates will also have the opportunity to gain insights into our cutting-edge research and to learn about the career opportunities we offer.
Economics is a diverse field, and we welcome applications from students interested in a broad range of topics – not just those related to central banking.
- You are a woman
- You are a citizen of an EU Member State
- You are currently enrolled, or are about to enrol, in a Master’s course in economics at a European university or business school
- You are facing a funding gap that may prevent you from pursuing your studies
- You obtained excellent grades in your undergraduate (i.e. Bachelor’s degree) studies (corresponding grades for some countries are outlined below)
|Country in which you completed or are completing your undergraduate degree||Required average grade for our scholarship|
|Czech Republic||1-1.99 or 80-100|
|Hungary||4-5 or 80-100|
|Malta||A to A+ or 80-100|
|Sweden||4-5 or A- to A|
|United States||A- to A|
(* equivalent to cum laude)
What’s in it for you?
- A grant of €10,000
- A study visit to the ECB (this may take place virtually, depending on the situation with the coronavirus pandemic at the time)
- Insight into the ECB’s cutting-edge economic research
- The opportunity to meet your fellow scholars and the ECB Women in Leadership network
- Advice and mentoring from an ECB economist
How it works
- Applications for the 2021-22 academic year are now closed.
- Details of the 2022-23 application process will be announced at a later date.
Not sure whether you are eligible? Don’t know if your Master’s programme qualifies? Get in touch by writing to WomenInEconomics@ecb.europa.eu
Please also read the terms & conditions of the scholarship carefully before applying.
Why do we offer this scholarship?
The economics profession lags behind other sectors in terms of gender balance. With this scholarship we at the ECB want to support women’s career development in central banking as well as the wider field of economics.
We look forward to receiving your application.