ECB Scholarship for Women
Applications for the 2022-23 academic year are now open and will close on 25 May.
The ECB is offering grants of €10,000 each to 15 female students who are enrolled, or are about to enrol, in a master’s course. This year, we are broadening the scope of the scholarship to promote the pursuit of postgraduate studies not only in the field of economics but also in statistics, engineering and computing.
Are you a woman currently enrolled, or about to enrol, in a master’s degree in one of the above-mentioned fields of study at a university or business school in Europe? If so, our ECB Scholarship for Women could be for you!
The funding is intended to help finance your studies. If your application is successful, you will also have the opportunity to gain insights into the ECB’s central banking and banking supervision functions and to learn about the career opportunities we offer.
- You are a woman.
- You are a citizen of an EU Member State.
- You are currently enrolled, or are about to enrol, in a master’s course in economics, statistics, engineering or computing at a European university or business school (please see here a list of examples of relevant fields of study).
- You are facing a funding gap that may prevent you from pursuing your studies.
- You obtained excellent grades in your undergraduate studies (i.e. for your bachelor’s degree) (corresponding grades for a range of countries are outlined here).
What’s in it for you?
- A grant of €10,000
- A study visit to the ECB (this may take place virtually, depending on coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions at the time)
- Insight into the ECB’s central banking and banking supervision functions
- The opportunity to meet your fellow scholars and the ECB Women in Leadership network
- Advice and mentoring from an ECB economist or expert in the field of banking supervision, statistics, engineering or information technology
How it works
You can submit your application via this page.
You should complete the application form below and return it (in Excel) by email together with your CV and all supporting documents (in a single PDF file) to ECBWS_CVs@ecb.europa.eu by Wednesday, 25 May 2022 for the 2022-23 academic year.
As part of your application, you will need to:
- explain the motivation behind your studies and detail your career aspirations;
- outline your current funding situation.
In addition to the application form and your CV, you will need to submit the following documents in a single PDF file:
- proof of (preliminary) acceptance onto a master’s course in one of the relevant fields of study for the coming academic year (i.e. if you are applying for the 2022-23 scholarship, you need to prove acceptance onto a master’s course for the 2022-23 academic year);
- official transcripts of your undergraduate qualifications, your academic record and, if applicable, evidence of your highest level of completed studies;
Timing and selection process
- Applications for scholarships for the 2022-23 academic year will remain open until 25 May 2022.
- We plan to hold online interviews in June and July 2022 and to inform the successful candidates by August 2022.
The ECB is an inclusive employer that strives to represent the diversity of the population it serves. We aim to reflect the same inclusivity with this scholarship and to represent the diversity of women in the EU. We encourage women to apply irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other characteristics.
Not sure if you are eligible? Don’t know if your master’s programme qualifies? Get in touch by writing to ECBWomenScholarship@ecb.europa.eu
Why do we offer this scholarship?
Through this initiative, the ECB aspires to change the lives of the women selected for a scholarship for the better by supporting their education and positively improving their career prospects, both in general and in the areas of central banking and banking supervision.
We look forward to receiving your application.