- 18 December 2007
- OCCASIONAL PAPER SERIES - No. 76Details
- This paper analyses the current national and international regulatory regimes relevant for European banks, CSDs and ICSDs, and compares them with the requirements in order to answer the following questions: Is there any overlap between the provisions of the CPSS-IOSCO Recommendations and the existing international and national requirements to which European SSSs and banks are subject? Are current provisions equivalent or more restrictive ("super-equivalent") for banks and CSDs? In what respect? Does the overlap between the CPSS-IOSCO Recommendations and existing regulation result in double requirements? This paper presents the results of this comparative analysis and attempts to answer such questions.
- JEL Code
- G21 : Financial Economics→Financial Institutions and Services→Banks, Depository Institutions, Micro Finance Institutions, Mortgages
G28 : Financial Economics→Financial Institutions and Services→Government Policy and Regulation
- 27 November 2013
- FINANCIAL STABILITY REVIEW - ARTICLEFinancial Stability Review Issue 2, 2013Details
- This special feature briefly outlines the work currently being undertaken at the European Central Bank, in close cooperation with the national competent authorities of the participating Member States, for the assumption of supervisory responsibilities in November 2014. Following a short introduction, which summarises some of the features of the single supervisory mechanism, the preparatory developments are outlined, around five main themes, which reflect the organisation of the preparatory structures.
- JEL Code
- G00 : Financial Economics→General→General