- Call for papers
- Submission deadline: 31 March 2023
Inflation: Drivers and Dynamics 2023 Conference
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and European Central Bank
31 August - 1 September 2023
The Center for Inflation Research at the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and the European Central Bank (ECB) will host the Inflation: Drivers and Dynamics 2023 Conference on 31 August and 1 September in person in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. This annual conference brings together top researchers from academia, central banks, and other policy institutions to present research findings related to inflation.
For 2023, virtual attendance is available for individuals who are not presenting or serving as discussants. Presenters and discussants should plan to present in person. In-person attendees will need to follow any relevant COVID-19 protocols for entry in place at the time of the conference.
Isabel Schnabel, member of the ECB’s Executive Board, and Loretta J. Mester, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, will provide remarks.
Ricardo Reis, A. W. Phillips Professor of Economics at the London School of Economics and Political Science will present a keynote talk on “The Market for Inflation Risk”.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- monetary and fiscal policy and inflation dynamics, optimal inflation
- drivers of inflation expectations and their relationship with actual inflation
- sources of inflation persistence
- impact of economic slack, large changes in input costs (including intermediate inputs, commodity prices, and international components of costs), network effects, supply bottlenecks, sectoral dislocations on inflation dynamics
- micro-level price dynamics and implications for aggregate inflation
- inflation measurement
- structural determinants of inflation dynamics and trend inflation (including digitalisation, globalisation, and demographic change)
- energy markets, climate transition, and inflation
- labour markets, wage and inflation dynamics
Authors interested in presenting their research related to inflation should submit their papers through Conference Maker. The deadline for submission is Friday, 31 March 2023. Authors of accepted papers will be notified of acceptance by Friday, 5 May 2023.
All papers presented at the conference will be posted on the websites of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and the ECB.
- Ina Hajdini, Ed Knotek, Jean-Paul L’Huillier, Mathieu Pedemonte, Robert Rich - all Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
- Elena Bobeica, Sarah Holton, Peter Karadi, Michele Lenza, Chiara Osbat - all ECB
If you have a question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.