ECB/CompNet Online Event
Productivity, trade and financial flows in the face of a pandemic: a European perspective
Tuesday, 22 September 2020
Participation is by invitation only.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) may have lasting effects on the global and the European economies. This online event features a keynote lecture on the environment in which European firms operate and how it may be affected by the pandemic. A high-level panel will also discuss how COVID-19 may be reshaping international trade and capital flows.
- Frank Smets, Director General, Directorate General Economics, European Central Bank
- Filippo di Mauro, Chairman, CompNet
Firms concentration, trade and productivity – recent trends in EU countries and implications of the COVID-19 pandemic
How is COVID-19 reshaping international trade and capital flows?
Chair: Philip R. Lane, Member of the Executive Board, European Central Bank
- Caroline Freund, Global Director of Trade, Investment and Competitiveness, World Bank
- Beata Javorcik, Chief Economist, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, Deputy Director of the Research Department, International Monetary Fund<
End of event
This programme may be subject to change without notice.
Ettore Dorrucci, Roberta Serafini, Philipp Meinen (all European Central Bank, Directorate General Economics, Euro Area External Sector and Euro Adoption Division)
- Simone Suckfüll +49 69 1344 6952
- Saskia Schwägermann +49 69 1344 6402