- Joint conference of the European Central Bank and the European Commission
European Capital Markets Union: The roles of equity markets and financial technology
Tuesday, 3 March 2020
Press room, Main Building, European Central Bank, Frankfurt am Main
Cancellations by several conference participants and challenging travel logistics mean that this conference has been postponed until further notice.
Each year, the European Commission and the European Central Bank (ECB) organise a joint high-level conference on European financial integration. This year, the ECB will publish its new bi-annual report Financial integration and structure in the euro area and the Commission will release its European Financial Stability and Integration Review 2020. At a time when high-level policy discussions have started about how the European Capital Markets Union project can be developed further, this highly topical event will feature a series of contributions to this debate and what CMU means for people and companies.
Opening remarks and keynote speech
Luis de Guindos, Vice-President, European Central Bank
Presentation of the ECB report on financial integration and structure in the euro area
Philipp Hartmann, Deputy Director General Research, European Central Bank
Presentation of the European Commission’s European Financial Stability and Integration Review 2020
Klaus Wiedner, Director for Financial Systems and Crisis Management, European Commission
- Coffee break
Panel 1: Fintech How can consumers and firms reap the benefits of the digital transformation in the financial system?
Moderator: Klaus Wiedner, Director for Financial Systems and Crisis Management, European Commission
- Milo Bianchi, Professor, TSE Digital Center, Toulouse School of Economics
- Carolin Gabor, Partner, finleap
- Marius Jurgilas, Member of the Board, Bank of Lithuania
- Philipp Sandner, Professor and Head of the Frankfurt School Blockchain Center (Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, FSBC) and young entrepreneurs linked to the FSBC:
- Michael Duttlinger, CEO and co-founder, CASHLINK Technologies
- Serkan Katilmis, Founder and Managing Director, Cash on Ledger
- Martins Sulte, CEO and co-founder, Mintos
Valdis Dombrovskis, Executive Vice-President, European Commission
Panel 2: Equity markets Do public and private equity markets in the European Union need to develop further?
Moderator: Isabel Schnabel, Member of the Executive Board, European Central Bank
- Marco Da Rin, Associate Professor, Tilburg School of Economics and Management
- Mario Nava, Director, Horizontal Policies, DG FISMA, European Commission
- Erik Podzuweit, founder and co-CEO, Scalable Capital
- Olaf Simonse, Head of the Money Wise Platform, Dutch Ministry of Finance and Vice Chair of the OECD International Network on Financial Education
End of conference
This programme may be subject to change without notice.
Audiovisual notice: The conference will be on the record. Journalists will be present and will report. The event will be live streamed. Selected video recordings may subsequently be made available on the ECB’s website.
European Central Bank
60314 Frankfurt am Main
Unless stated otherwise, participants are asked to arrange their own transfer.