Submission deadline: 20 August 2018
Call for Papers
Monetary Policy Conference: bridging science and practice
Frankfurt am Main, 29-30 October 2018
The ECB’s Directorate General Monetary Policy is hosting a two-day conference at the ECB on 29-30 October 2018. The aim is to stimulate an exchange between central bankers and academics on frontier issues of monetary policy.
The conference will comprise academic presentations, keynote speeches and a policy panel.
Confirmed speakers include:
Refet S. Gürkaynak (Bilkent University),
Thomas King (Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago),
Atif Mian (Princeton University),
José-Luis Peydró (Universitat Pompeu Fabra),
Hyun Song Shin (Bank for International Settlements),
Harald Uhlig (University of Chicago) and
Egon Zakrajsek (Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System).
We invite submissions of theoretical and empirical papers from all fields relevant to monetary policy, especially:
- the impact of conventional and unconventional monetary policy measures;
- monetary policy, credit developments and financial intermediaries;
- monetary policy and financial markets;
- the transmission of monetary policy via banks;
- models for monetary policy analysis with heterogeneous agents;
- monetary policy in the “new normal”;
- the natural rate of interest;
- monetary policy in a currency union.
- Submit your paper in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for submission is 20 August 2018. Please tell us in your submission whether you would be happy to act as a discussant.
- If your paper is accepted we will notify you by 7 September 2018. Only authors of accepted papers will receive a notification.
Travel and accommodation expenses of those presenting papers and discussants will be covered by the ECB. Participants from central banks and other public institutions will need to cover their own expenses.
- Carlo Altavilla, ECB
- Wolfgang Lemke, ECB
- Roberto Motto, ECB
- Natacha Valla, ECB