- PRESS RELEASE
ECB starts publishing compounded euro short-term rate (€STR) average rates on 15 April 2021
18 March 2021
- Compounded €STR average rates and compounded index based on €STR to be published as of 15 April 2021
- Average rates to cover 1-week, 1-month, 3-month, 6-month and 12-month tenors
- Publication via ECB’s Market Information Dissemination (MID) platform and Statistical Data Warehouse
The European Central Bank (ECB) will start publishing compounded €STR average rates and a compounded index based on the euro short-term rate (€STR) on 15 April 2021. Publication will take place on each TARGET2 business day at 09:15 CET and will include compounded €STR average rates for tenors of 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 12 months, as well as a compounded €STR index enabling the derivation of compounded rates for any non-standard tenor. The ECB is responding to market feedback in favour of having compounded rates based on the €STR published regularly by a trusted authority.
The rules for the calculation and publication of the compounded €STR average rates and index were published on the ECB’s website today and take into account the outcome of the public consultation on the design of the rates and index. The ECB would like to thank all those who responded to this public consultation.
The compounded €STR average rates and index will be published via the Market Information Dissemination (MID) platform and through the ECB’s Statistical Data Warehouse (SDW).
The ECB Guideline (ECB/2019/19) on the governance of the €STR and on the administration and oversight of the €STR determination process has been amended to cover the calculation and publication of the compounded €STR average rates and index.
More information about the €STR can be found on the ECB’s website.
For media queries, please contact William Lelieveldt, tel.: +49 69 1344 7316.
- The public consultation and the summary of the feedback can be found here.
- For more information please check our Explainer on benchmark rates.
European Central Bank
Directorate General Communications
- Sonnemannstrasse 20
- 60314 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- +49 69 1344 7455
Reproduction is permitted provided that the source is acknowledged.Media contacts