Results of the july 2006 bank lending survey for the euro area
4 August 2006
- The European Central Bank (ECB) is today publishing its report on the results of the July 2006 bank lending survey for the euro area.
- The bank lending survey has been developed by the Eurosystem in order to enhance the understanding of bank lending behaviour in the euro area.
- The survey is conducted four times a year, at the beginning of each quarter. The cut-off date for the receipt of data from banks participating in this survey was 11 July 2006.
- For the first time, the survey includes an ad hoc question which is designed to address some of the reasons behind the strong development of loans for house purchase in many euro area countries. The question concentrates on loans to households secured by real estate and used for purposes other than the acquisition of a principal residence.
The report is available on the ECB’s website at http://www.ecb.europa.eu in the “Statistics” section under “Money, banking and financial markets”/“Bank lending survey”.
European Central Bank
Directorate General Communications
- Sonnemannstrasse 20
- 60314 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- +49 69 1344 7455
Reproduction is permitted provided that the source is acknowledged.Media contacts