The European Central Bank's Annual Report 2001
Today the European Central Bank released its 2001 Annual Report. This Report has been prepared in accordance with Article 113 (3) of the Treaty and is being submitted to the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union, the European Commission and the European Council.
Following a foreword by Dr. Willem F. Duisenberg, President of the European Central Bank, and beside other tasks and activities it covers the following main subjects:
- Economic developments and monetary policy
- Central bank operations
- Risk management
- Economic developments in the other countries of the European Union
- European, multilateral and bilateral issues
- The cash changeover and the production and issue of euro banknotes
- Payment and securities settlement systems
- Financial stability and prudential supervision
- The statistical framework
- External communication and accountability
- The institutional framework of the Eurosystem and the European System of Central Banks
- Annual Accounts of the ECB and Consolidated Balance Sheet of the Eurosystem 2001
The Annual Report, produced in all 11 official Community languages, will be distributed by each of the EU national central banks to interested parties in their respective countries. Copies are also available from the ECB at the address mentioned below. All language versions are published on the ECB's Website (http://www.ecb.europa.eu).