Focus Session in Frankfurt am Main
28 March 2017, 10:00-17:00 CET
Deutsche National Bibliothek, Adickesallee 1, Frankfurt am Main
Jochen Metzger, Director General Payments and Settlement Systems, Deutsche Bundesbank
Clearstream joining T2S
Berthold Kracke, CEO, Clearstream Banking AG
Current status of T2S – facts and figures
The migration of wave 4 is complete. Gain insights from the operational data for T2S and learn how T2S functionalities are being used by the market. How are the preparations for the final wave progressing?
- Coffee break
Market consultation on TIPS – feedback
There is growing demand for instant payments. To support the process and prevent the emergence of national solutions, the Eurosystem has launched a consultation on market participants’ requirements for an instant payment settlement service in central bank money. What are the results of the market consultation? What are the next steps?
What does the market need?
T2S and TARGET2 have brought us much closer to the goal of a fully integrated market infrastructure in Europe. How can we consolidate the two platforms to reap further benefits? What new RTGS services does the market need? How do we prepare for the future?
- Diana Dijmarescu, JP Morgan
- Philippe Lepoutre, Société Générale
- Hays Littlejohn, EBA Clearing
- Mehdi Manaa, European Central Bank
- Jochen Metzger, Deutsche Bundesbank
- Moderator: Meike Ströter, European Central Bank
Innovation and transformation of the market
What impact might new technologies have on market infrastructure? How do we ensure that no new fragmentation is introduced?
- Dirk Bullmann, European Central Bank
- Ashwin Kumar, Deutsche Börse
- Swen Werner, State Street
- Martin Diehl, Deutsche Bundesbank
- Moderator: Matthias Schmudde, Deutsche Bundesbank
Carl-Ludwig Thiele, Member of the Executive Board, Deutsche Bundesbank
- End of event
To register for the next Focus Session, please send an email to MIP.email@example.com