How tech is shaping banking supervision
How can new technologies improve banking supervision? What challenges do they bring for supervisors? And how will artificial intelligence make Europe’s banks safer?
Our new host Stefania Secola explores this topic with Supervisory Board member Elizabeth McCaul.
A warm welcome to Stefania and a big thanks for standing in for Katie Ranger, who is away for a while.
The views expressed are those of the speakers and not necessarily those of the European Central Bank.
Published on 28 September 2023 and recorded on 22 September 2023.
Digitalisation in banking supervision
How are technological changes affecting supervision? What kinds of supervisory technology – also known as suptech – are we using? And will robots end up supervising banks?
Using suptech to sort data
How do supervisors use technology to analyse big amounts of data? Why is this important? And how does this help bank customers?
Artificial intelligence (AI)
How do we use technology to make sure banks are run by the right people? Is human judgment still important when using artificial intelligence?
The people behind new technologies
How do different supervisory teams cooperate? And how does technology help fight financial crime?
Our guest’s hot tip
Supervisory Board member, Elizabeth McCaul, shares her hot tips with our listeners.
- Technology, data and innovation – shaping the future of supervision, keynote speech by Elizabeth McCaul
- Digital transformation requires strong governance and steering, Supervision Newsletter, 17 May 2023
- The ECB Podcast: Let's get digital on inflation, climate and the euro
- The ECB Blog by Myriam Moufakkir: Careful embrace: AI and the ECB, 28 September 2023
- Banking Supervision website