Publication of a book entitled “Financial statistics for a global economy”
The European Central Bank (ECB) is today publishing a book entitled “Financial statistics for a global economy”. This book contains the proceedings of the third ECB conference on statistics, held in Frankfurt am Main on 4 and 5 May 2006, and includes speeches by the President of the ECB, Jean-Claude Trichet, and the Executive Board member responsible for statistics, José Manuel González-Páramo. Contributions from statisticians, monetary policy-makers, representatives of banking and business associations, academics and the media address the following subjects:
- Are financial statistics good enough to capture globalisation?
- The challenges for national data collection in a global world
- The statistical implications of financial stability and financial integration
- Global statistical governance
The publication can be downloaded from the “Publications” section of the ECB’s website (http://www.ecb.europa.eu/pub). Printed copies are also available from the ECB’s Press and Information Division at the address given below.
European Central Bank
Directorate General Communications
- Sonnemannstrasse 20
- 60314 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- +49 69 1344 7455
Reproduction is permitted provided that the source is acknowledged.Media contacts