Focus session (virtual)
Embracing instant payments
18 April 2023, 9:30-12:30 CET
The event is available to watch again.
Registration and login
Welcome and opening remarks
- Ulrich Bindseil, Director General, Market Infrastructure and Payments, ECB
Europe embracing instant payments as the new normal
The European Commission’s legislative proposal on instant payments will push real-time payments forward and make them widely available to consumers and businesses in Europe. What initiatives are taken at a European level? How can it change the European payment landscape?
Marcel Haag, Director, Horizontal Policies, DG FISMA, European Commission
- José Luis Langa Hernando, President of the European Automated Clearing House Association (EACHA)
- Javier Santamaría, Chair of the European Payments Council (EPC)
- Karine Themejian, Deputy Head of Division, European Central Bank
Moderator: Fiona van Echelpoel, Deputy Director General, Market Infrastructure and Payments, ECB
Moving to instant payments
Leverage on the experience and lessons learned from markets and banks that have successfully moved to instant payments. What approach was taken? What is the uptake of end-users?
Juraj Matejovic, Head of Payments, Slovenska Sporitelna
- Stefano Favale, Head of Global Transaction Banking, Intesa Sanpaolo
- Zita Zariņa, Member of the Council, Latvijas Banka
Moderator: Dimitri Pattyn, Deputy Director General, Market Infrastructure and Payments, ECB
TIPS – how it meets your needs
In many respects, TIPS is a unique platform for the settlement of instant payments. In this session, we will explain TIPS and unveil some of the features that illustrate its advanced technology.
- Fabrizio Dinacci, ECB
- Massimiliano Renzetti, Banca d’Italia
TIPS – the onboarding process
Learn more on how to join TIPS. Our experts will give you insights on how to onboard and guide you through the main steps of the journey.
- Bobby Bashford, ECB
- Géraldine Orcel, ECB
- Dimitri Pattyn, Deputy Director General Market Infrastructure and Payments, ECB
End of event
Audiovisual notice: The entire Focus Session will be live streamed, recorded and published on the ECB’s website shortly after the event, together with the slides presented.
To register for the event, please send an email to email@example.com