International role of the euro
- ECB intensifies its work on a digital euro
- Fabio Panetta, Isabel Schnabel: The provision of euro liquidity through the ECB’s swap and repo operationsBlog post by Fabio Panetta and Isabel Schnabel, Members of the Executive Board of the ECB
The ECB’s swap and repo lines are essential stabilising tools in the coronavirus crisis. In a joint Blog post, Executive Board members Fabio Panetta and Isabel Schnabel explain how these tools reduce funding risks, prevent financial contagion and support the euro’s use in global transactions.
- Fabio Panetta: Unleashing the euro’s untapped potential at global levelIntroductory remarks by Fabio Panetta, Member of the Executive Board of the ECB, Meeting with Members of the European Parliament
- Fabio Panetta: Sharing and strengthening the euro’s privilege Blog post by Fabio Panetta, Member of the Executive Board of the ECB
The goals of boosting the euro’s global standing and sharing its advantages more evenly are one and the same, writes Executive Board member Fabio Panetta. Through the right mix of European fiscal and monetary policy, we can build a better functioning Monetary Union that achieves both of these goals.
- International use of the euro broadly stable in 2019
- Christine Lagarde: Remarks on the occasion of receiving the Grand Prix de l’Économie 2019 from Les EchosSpeech by Christine Lagarde, President of the ECB, at the "Grand Prix de l’Économie des Echos pour l’année 2019"
- Christine Lagarde: Welcome addressWelcome address by Christine Lagarde, President of the ECB, on signing the euro banknotes
- Luis de Guindos: Deepening EMU and the implications for the international role of the euroSpeech by Luis de Guindos, Vice-President of the ECB, at the occasion of the joint conference of the European Commission and the European Central Bank on European financial integration and stability, Brussels, 16 May 2019
- Yves Mersch: Competitiveness of Europe and European Financial MarketsPanel contribution by Yves Mersch, Member of the Executive Board of the ECB, at The Outlook for the Economy and Finance conference, Cernobbio, 6 April 2019
- Benoît Cœuré: The euro’s global role in a changing world: a monetary policy perspectiveSpeech by Benoît Cœuré, Member of the Executive Board of the ECB, at the Council on Foreign Relations, New York City, 15 February 2019
- Yves Mersch: The possible triangle: frictionless movement of payments, securities and collateral across EuropeSpeech by Yves Mersch, Member of the Executive Board of the ECB, at the 2019 Annual General Meeting of the International Capital Markets Association’s European Repo and Collateral Council, Luxembourg, 31 January 2019
- Mario Draghi: Hearing of the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs of the European ParliamentIntroductory Statement by Mario Draghi, President of the ECB, at the ECON committee of the European Parliament, Brussels, 28 January 2019
- Mario Draghi: 20th anniversary of the euroSpeech by Mario Draghi, President of the European Central Bank, at the session of the plenary of the European Parliament to mark the anniversary of the euro in Strasbourg, 15 January 2019