Euro Video Challenge
The latest news
The Euro Video Challenge has closed and the jury is now going through all the videos submitted. Our thanks to those who participated! We will contact you at the beginning of October if you are eligible for a prize.
The individuals or teams behind the best video(s) will be invited to attend the award ceremony in Lyon (France) on Thursday, 9 November 2017 – at the 10th anniversary of the economics conference “Les Journées de l’économie” (Jéco).
The prize for the winning video is €4,000. Second and third prizes of €3,000 and €2,000 respectively may also be awarded, subject to the jury’s decision on the quality of the videos. In addition, the best videos might feature on the social media of the European Central Bank and the Jéco.
The best video(s) will be selected based on the following criteria:
- content: demonstrated ability to carve clear messages and knowledge of the subject
- communication skills (the use of visual elements/animations will be considered an asset): originality of the communications techniques used
- entertainment value: educational merit and viewer friendliness
We asked those of you aged between 18 and 30 to submit a video on an economics topic related to the ECB’s work in the time period from 6 July to 24 September 2017. The challenge was to create a short film that is engaging and easy to understand, suitable for a young audience with perhaps no previous knowledge of the subject.
An original video (no longer than 2 minutes 20 seconds) had to be submitted together with the corresponding script (maximum 1,500 words).
- Benoît Cœuré: Executive Board member, European Central Bank
- Christine Graeff: Director General Communications, European Central Bank
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré: Professor, Paris School of Economics – Panthéon Sorbonne University
- Luis Garicano: Professor, London School of Economics
- Francesco Giavazzi: Professor, Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research and Bocconi University
- Jan Pieter Krahnen: Professor, SAFE Research Centre and Goethe University