Sector accounts present a complete and consistent set of quarterly data for all resident institutional sectors. They provide comprehensive information not only on the economic activities of households, non-financial corporations, financial corporations and the government, but also on the interactions between these sectors and the rest of the world.
Sector accounts consist of financial and non-financial accounts. For the euro area as a whole the ECB, in close cooperation with Eurostat, compiles the quarterly euro area accounts. They link financial and non-financial statistics, thereby allowing for an integrated analysis of non-financial economic activities (such as gross fixed capital formation) and financial transactions (such as the issuance of debt). The euro area accounts also contain consistent financial balance sheets, as well as major components of non-financial assets.
For euro area as well as for non-euro area EU countries the ECB disseminates a similar set of quarterly financial accounts as for the euro area as a whole, supplemented by a set of key variables from the non-financial accounts.
- Euro area quarterly financial accounts - 2015 quality report last update: 18 April 2016
- Debt of non-financial corporations - Explanation of alternative measurement concepts last update: 24 February 2016
- Handbook on quarterly financial accounts for the euro area - sources and methods last update: 06 August 2012
- Background document last update: 06 July 2007
- Euro area accounts glossary last update: 29 October 2010
- One-off release of annual euro area accounts for institutional sectors (1999-2004)
- Methodological information last update: 29 October 2010
Latest available euro area accounts data presented in the format of the Monthly Statistics Bulletin tables:
- Integrated economic and financial accounts by institutional sector
- Non-financial corporations
- Financial corporations
- All euro area accounts time series