Live webcast and TV feed of the ECB’s monthly press conference starting on 3 March 2005
Starting on 3 March 2005 the monthly press conference of the ECB will be webcast live at 2.30 p.m. C.E.T. on the ECB’s website. The webcast will be in three languages: English, French and German, following the current practice of providing simultaneous interpretation at the press conference into these three languages. Two formats will be available: QuickTime and Real Player for different bandwidths. The webcast will be accessible from the ECB’s home page at www.ecb.europa.eu.
A satellite signal will also be available to TV stations free of charge from 2.20 to 3.30 p.m. C.E.T. (1.20 to 2.30 p.m. G.M.T.) and from 4 to 4.15 p.m. (3 to 3.15 p.m. G.M.T.)The technical data are as follows:
- A sound check for the four language audio channels mentioned below will take place from 2.20 to 2.30 p.m. C.E.T.
- A 15-minute rough cut of TV footage from the press conference and other related material will be transmitted via satellite from 4 to 4.15 p.m. C.E.T. This footage will be also downloadable as an MPEG2 file from the ECB’s website from 5 p.m. C.E.T.
- Transmission standard: 625DIG
- Satellite / transponder: W1 @ 10 DEG East
- Transponder: B4 UPPER
- Channel: 3
- Downlink frequency: 11,097.5 MHZ - vertical
- FEC: 3/4
- Symbol rate: 5.632
- Audio channels: 1 Original - 2 English - 3 French - 4 German
If you experience any problems during transmissions, please phone +44 20 7432 5955, quoting the reference numbers 615202 and 615203.