The European Central Bank's Annual Report 2000
Today the European Central Bank released its 2000 Annual Report. This Report has been prepared in accordance with Article 113 (3) of the Treaty and is being submitted to the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union, the European Commission and the European Council.
Following a foreword by Dr. Willem F. Duisenberg, President of the European Central Bank, and beside other tasks and activities it covers the following main subjects:
- Economic developments and monetary policy
- Central bank operations
- Entry of Greece to the euro area
- Economic developments in the other countries of the European Union
- European, international and bilateral issues
- Payment and securities settlement systems
- Financial stability and prudential supervision
- Production of the euro banknotes and coins and preparations for the cash changeover
- Development of the statistical framework
- External communication and accountability
- The institutional framework of the Eurosystem and the European System of Central Banks
- The Annual Accounts of the ECB and the Consolidated Balance Sheet of the Eurosystem 2000
The Annual Report, produced in all 11 official Community languages, will be distributed by each of the EU national central banks to interested parties in their respective countries. Copies are also available from the ECB at the address mentioned below. All language versions are published on the ECB's Website.