To carry out the analysis required for monetary policy, the ECB and the ESCB need comprehensive and reliable government finance statistics based on the ESA 2010. Government finance statistics form an important part of the integrated system of sectoral non-financial and financial accounts for the euro area.
Explore government finance data interactively
The ECB's government finance statistics dashboard allows you to access all the latest data for the euro area, the EU and individual EU Member States in graphical form.
Access all government finance data for the euro area, the EU and individual EU Member States in the Statistical Data Warehouse.
Statistics Bulletin (latest government finance data)
- Revenue, expenditure and deficit/surplus
- Change in debt
- Monthly debt securities
- Fiscal developments in euro area countries
- Mapping file between the ESA 95 (discontinued) and the ESA 2010 series keys for government finance
- Public Sector Debt Statistics: Guide for Compilers and Users1, a useful source of reference for national compilers and users of debt statistics of the general government and, more broadly, the public sector
1) prepared under the joint responsibility of nine organizations, through the mechanism of the Inter-Agency Task Force on Finance Statistics which includes the ECB