Submission deadline: 17 May 2019
Call for Papers
Inflation in a changing economic environment
23-24 September 2019
In the aftermath of the Great Financial Crisis, inflation developments have once again become a subject of discussion among researchers and policymakers alike, both in the euro area and beyond. The aim of this conference is to enhance participants’ understanding of the drivers and dynamics of inflation by showcasing frontier research into the topic from academia and policy institutions. Keynote addresses will be delivered by Silvana Tenreyro (Professor of Economics at the London School of Economics and Political Science, and Member of the Monetary Policy Committee of the Bank of England) and Laurence Ball (Professor of Economics and Department Chair at Johns Hopkins University).
We particularly welcome theoretical and empirical papers on any of the following topics:
- models of price-setting behaviour
- exchange rate and oil price pass-through to inflation
- causes of low wage growth and their inflationary consequences
- forces driving inflation expectations and expectation formation mechanisms
- inflation forecasting
- big (micro) data and aggregate inflation
- international dimensions of inflation
- structural determinants of inflation dynamics and trend inflation
Submissions on other related topics are also encouraged. Each paper will be assigned a discussant. The conference material will be published on the ECB’s website.
- Papers should be submitted in PDF format to email@example.com by 17 May 2019. Together with your submission, please indicate the name and email address of the presenter, and whether or not they would be willing to act as a discussant.
- Authors of accepted papers will be notified by 15 July 2019.
The ECB will reimburse reasonable travel and accommodation expenses for presenters and discussants. Participants from central banks and other official institutions will be expected to cover their own expenses.
Christiane Nickel, Michael Ehrmann, Chiara Osbat, Eliza Lis, Marek Jarociński and Andrej Sokol.