Call for papers
9th Joint ECB/CEPR Labour Market Workshop on "Labour Market Policies and the Crisis"
Frankfurt, 17-18 December 2012
The 9th joint ECB/CEPR Labour Market Workshop will be on “Labour Market Policies and the Crisis” and will be held on 17-18 December 2012. Its purpose is to identify policies and reforms that may suitably support the recovery from the crisis, also through empirical characterization of how institutional factors and past reforms have shaped country-specific crisis experiences.
Suitable research topics for paper submissions include the following:
- What are likely to be the short and long term impacts of the labour market reforms that have been implemented or are still needed? Contributions analysing the effects of broad types of policies would be welcome, as would evaluations/case studies of specific policy reforms that have been or might be implemented.
- What challenges will labour market policy makers face in the exit from the crisis? Contributions would be welcome that focus on lasting labour demand and supply implications of the crisis, and on their implications for labour and education policies.
We invite researchers wishing to submit their original contributions for presentation at this workshop to apply online and indicate whether or not you wish to present a paper. Both theoretical and empirical work will be considered. The deadline for replies is 18:00 BST on Friday 21st September 2012.
If you have any difficulties registering for this meeting, please contact Nadine Clarke Meetings Manager, at email@example.com or +44 (0)207 183 8808.
Presenters and discussants will be reimbursed for travel and accommodation in accordance with standard ECB guidelines.
- Robert Anderton (European Central Bank)
- Giuseppe Bertola (EDHEC Business School and CEPR)
- John Driffill (Birkbeck College, University of London and CEPR)
- Ana Lamo (European Central Bank)
- Julian Morgan (European Central Bank)