Working for the ECB
Discover the different work opportunities at the ECB. We offer positions and programmes for graduates, post-graduates, PhD students and post-doctoral students.
View our current vacancies and submit your online application.
Masters Programme in Law and Finance
The ECB sponsors an English language LL.M. Finance degree programme at Frankfurt's Goethe University.
Visit our educational pages and explore our games, videos, cartoon, slides and other materials and learn more about the ECB, the euro and monetary policy.
The ECB Working Paper Series focuses on economic research relevant to the tasks of the ECB.
Interested in finding out more about the global economic and financial crisis? Explore our timeline and find background information as well as links to related articles and press releases.
Description: A comprehensive 200-page overview of the ECB from its founding in June 1998. The author was a senior manager at the European Monetary Institute and, until his retirement, at the ECB.
1. EMU, the ECB and the euro.
2. Central banking in EMU: legal, institutional and organisational aspects.
3. ECB policies and Eurosystem activities.
4. The ECB and the European Community.
5. The ECB's involvement in international cooperation.
6. The ECB as a corporate entity.
ePUB Version: 3 MB en
Description: A detailed explanation of the operational framework chosen by the Eurosystem for the single monetary policy in the euro area.
1. Overview of the monetary policy framework.
2. Eligible counterparties.
3. Open market operations.
4. Standing facilities.
6. Eligible assets.
7. Minimum reserves.
Go to: Legal Framework
Description: A 79-page, illustrated book on the importance of price stability, how it can be best achieved and how price stability supports sustainable economic growth and prosperity in the EU.
2. Money - a short history.
3. Importance of price stability.
4. Factors determining price developments.
5. The ECB’s monetary policy. Bibliography, glossary.
[Edition 2011, online only]
Description: Detailed 161-page description of the ECB’s monetary policy and its economic and institutional background.
1. The institutional framework of the single monetary policy.
2. The economic and financial structure of the euro area.
3. The ECB’s monetary policy strategy.
4. Monetary policy implementation.
5. The conduct of monetary policy since 1999. Annex on the history of Economic and Monetary Union. Bibliography, glossary.
Languages: 1.3 MB en
ePUB Version: en
The Monthly Bulletin provides a detailed overview of recent economic and monetary developments in the euro area in the form of text and statistics.
Its editorial - the key statement - reflects the Governing Council’s monthly assessment of the economy and inflationary threats.
The Bulletin is published one week after the Council’s monetary policy decision.